(The boring stuff)
This is boring so here's a cute baby
"Quackpot Media" pertains to Quackpot Media as an entity and company and any employee or staff member of said entity or company.
"Client" refers to any party that orders products from or hires Quackpot Media for any service.
"End product" refers to a product completed by Quackpot Media, commissioned by the Client.
1) A non-refundable deposit that consists of 50% of the total services must be taken at the time of booking. Bookings on specific dates cannot be guaranteed unless this deposit has been made.
1a) Weddings: Total remaining amount owed must be paid at least two (2) week prior to the actual event.
2) Quackpot Media will not sell or distribute your contact or personal details. Details provided to Quackpot Media will be used by Quackpot Media only.
3) Copyright of all images, video and all audio/visual material produced by Quackpot Media will be shared with Quackpot Media and its client. The terms of which will vary from project to project:
a) Weddings: By hiring Quackpot Media, you understand that all images, video, all audio/visual media and material produced by Quackpot Media may be used by Quackpot Media for promotion, advertising or any other purpose that Quackpot Media deems appropriate. The client may reproduce said images, video, all audio/visual media and materials produced by Quackpot Media for 'personal' or 'private' use only. Commercial copyright is held exclusively by Quackpot Media.
b) Commercial/Corporate/Schools: Copyright will be held jointly and equally between Quackpot Media and its client. Both may use any photo, video, all audio/visual media and material for promotion, advertising or any other purpose that either party deems appropriate.
c) If exclusive copyright is required by the client, this can be negotiated with Quackpot Media, usually for an added cost.
d) Purchasing Raw Footage means you are purchasing unedited footage without watermark or credits attached to the files. Copyright of this raw footage will be held equally by Quackpot Media and its client. For these reasons, there is an additional price for this optional extra as outlined in our pricing guides.
e) Editing: By providing images, video or any other audio/visual material to Quackpot Media you understand that the end product containing these elements may be used by Quackpot Media for promotion, advertising or any other purpose that Quackpot Media deems appropriate.
f) If the client provides music or other copyrighted material to Quackpot Media to use in their end product it is understood that the client has obtained the necessary permissions to use said material. Should copyrighted material be provided to Quackpot Media under the understanding that the client has permissions to use said material but the client has not obtained these permissions, liability for any backlash, legal or otherwise lands on the client, absolving Quackpot Media from any liability. A declaration of these permissions will be signed by the client prior to commencement on production of the end product.
g) No audio/visual media and materials produced by Quackpot Media are to be edited by a third party without prior consent by Quackpot Media. To do so is against copyright law.
More information on film and arts copyright can be found here:
4) Quackpot Media will take the utmost of care in order to provide a service that is beyond satisfactory and produce an end product that is of professional standard. However, Quackpot Media cannot predict and will not compensate for random acts of nature or chance such as mechanical or technical failure, theft, accident or any other form of mishap that prevents Quackpot Media from fufilling an assignment/producing an end product. If one of these scenarios should happen, liability upon Quackpot Media will be limited to refund of monies paid.
5) Requested shots:
a) Corporate/Commercial/Schools: While Quackpot Media will endeavour to capture all requested shots, due to the nature of a film production it may be necessary to cut certain shots from the end product, or to simply avoid filming them on the day. All shots deemed vital to the end product will be captured. The overall script and storyboard will be agreed upon, if applicable to the project, before the commencement of filming in a consultation with Quackpot Media and the client.
b) Weddings: Due to the volatile nature of weddings, Quackpot Media cannot guarantee that all requested shots will be captured on the day. While Quackpot Media will endeavour to capture all requested shots, a degree of flexibility must be exercised by the client in the event a requested shot is missed due to unforseen circumstances or otherwise at the event.
6) Quackpot Media cannot guarantee that the device you play your end product on will be compatible with the file type it's exported in. End products that Quackpot Media produce are compatible with over 95% of applicable media devices. Should your end product not play on your device, attempt to play it on another.
a) If you continue to experience playback issues of your end product after trying the above, please contact Quackpot Media.
7) Raw footage is an optional extra. It is completely unedited without watermark or credits. The footage may be blurry, distorted, out-of-focus, without sound or any other combination of percieved technical issues as it is literally a direct export out-of-camera. Since video files are diverse and can be extremely memory-intensive, the file type produced by our cameras may not be compatible with your computer. Your computer must have the appropriate hardware specifications as well as the appropriate media player and codecs installed to play said files. Copyright will be held equally by the client and Quackpot Media - refer to section 3-c of these terms and conditions for more information.
8) Raw footage may be deleted after the final delivery of your end product, after which Quackpot Media holds no responsibility for said raw footage.
9) The amount of revisions to a commissioned product allowable is one (1) before incurring extra costs. Any extra revisions beyond the agreed one will incur the standard hourly cost for the relevant service provided for the duration of the revision process.
10) Clients who have not finalised their account and/or picked up their end product three (3) months post completion must be aware that the storage of said end product cannot be guaranteed after this time. Quackpot Media will no longer be responsible for the safe keeping of your end product after said three months post completion, meaning that files may be deleted, physical items may be destroyed and Quackpot Media will retain any monies paid.
11) Due to the nature of online delivery services, upon digital delivery of finalised product the client has seven (7) days to download said product otherwise the download window may expire.
a) Should the client be unable to complete the download within the allotted time frame, the client must notify Quackpot Media WITHIN said time frame.
b) If the client misses the allotted download window and cannot access their file and there has been no attempt to contact Quackpot Media within the allotted time frame, Quackpot Media reserves the right to charge an extra delivery fee of $25 (twenty-five AUD) per requested re-upload at their discretion. Re-upload will be invoiced accordingly and only completed upon cleared funds landing in Quackpot Media's account(s).
11) By hiring Quackpot Media you agree to and are bound to these terms and conditions, as well as promotion specific terms and conditions as listed on promotional material (only if applicable).